A Band Director's Guide to Everything Trombone: A Collection of Interviews with the Experts
What better way to improve your teaching than through interviews with the world’s foremost players and teachers on a variety of topics specifically tailored towards your needs as a band director?
The “Band Director’s Guide” Series from Hitz Publications gives even the most knowledgeable band director a deeper understanding of how best to teach the instruments in their band.
This book is a follow up to 2011’s acclaimed “A Band Director’s Guide to Everything Tuba: A Collection of Interviews with the Experts” and features interviews with some of the finest trombonists and trombone teachers in the world. Interviews include:
- Joe Alessi on Common Mistakes and Slide Technique
- Ralph Sauer on Trombone Basics and Breathing
- John Rojak on All Things Bass Trombone and Chamber Music
- Michael Davis on Jazz, Chamber Music and Literature
- Harry Watters on Teaching Improvisation
- Pat Sheridan on Breathing and Anatomy
- Lance LaDuke on Switching from Euphonium
- Steve Dillon on Trombones and Accessories
- Andy Bove on Recording Equipment and Techniques for Any Budget
- Greg Biba on Trombone Repair
- Chip De Stefano on a Trombone Playing Band Director’s Observations on Teaching Trombone